How Love Island Marketing Can Be 100%....
Whether Love Island is your type on paper or whether you would prefer to mug it off, you can’t get away from seeing Love Island on TV, online through the latest news stories, first looks on Instagram or the viral memes. Love Island officially takes over our media for the Summer! So, how can you use this to your advantage in your digital marketing strategy? We’re here to help with some top tips!
I’ve got a text!
How Love Island Marketing Can Be 100% Your Customer’s Type On Paper
Digital Account Manager
Tuesday 20th July 2021
Whether Love Island is your type on paper or whether you would prefer to mug it off, you can’t get away from seeing Love Island on TV, online through the latest news stories, first looks on Instagram or the viral memes. Love Island officially takes over our media for the Summer! So, how can you use this to your advantage in your digital marketing strategy? We’re here to help with some top tips! Check them out below.
Advertise On Social Media When Love Island Is On TV
When watching TV, who is dual screening by also scrolling on social media on their phone, tablet or another device? Yes, I know, we’re all guilty of this! Especially when Love Island is on an ad break. With TV advertising becoming increasingly more expensive, especially for popular shows such as Love Island, we have come up with a more cost effective and engaging way to advertise to your users. It’s time to use the power of social media. So, how can you do this? It’s simple. Follow these steps:
- 1Select your budget and target audience on Facebook Ads Manager.
- 2Select the dates that you would like to advertise from and until. Then, this is the important part. Select to schedule your ads to be shown on Facebook & Instagram at specific times. You will select Monday-Sunday from 9pm-10pm (As this is when Love Island will be shown). You can remove a day from this schedule, for example a Saturday when it is the catch up on Love Island for the week, or you can change the time on a specific day, for example if Love Island is extending the duration of the show from 9pm-10.30pm.
- 3Then, create the ad with an enticing visual and copy that will grab your target audience's attention and get them engaging with your post. Finally, publish the ad and that’s you done! Now your target audience will be served this ad during Love Island.
Love Island’s target audience is the age demographic of around 16-30 year olds, so this is important to keep in mind when building and creating your audience for your social campaign. If this isn’t your target audience, you can implement the above social strategy with other key TV programs that may be relevant to your business such as key sporting events, popular TV shows etc. An example of this would be if you run a sports clothing store and have a special offer on running gear, you could design a creative that will tie in with the Olympics and run an ad during the running/athletics events schedule on TV.
The great thing about Facebook advertising is that you are in complete control and can amend the campaign budget, duration, audience and creative at any time throughout your campaign.
Who doesn’t love a funny meme? If you see a funny Love Island meme on social, why not share it on your social channel? People who are watching Love Island will instantly relate to it and create a connection with your business. However, it is important to make sure that the meme is relevant to your business, as it will help in creating a strong emotional connection with the end user.
Themed Love Island Posts
Create relevant social posts on Love Island to get your users engaged. Examples of this could be:
- Are you watching Love Island tonight? React to this post to let us know!
- Who is your type on paper? Comment below.
- Your initial is who you will couple up with on Love Island.
- Love Island final competition – Run a competition giving away a big night in bundle of sweets and snacks, drinks, Summer themed gifts, props and more!
When creating these social posts, it’s important to design a creative that users will resonate with your brand, however that it still has a hint of Love Island theming to it. For example, you could use bright neon colours and hearts to assist in symbolising the Love Island vibes.